cat-announce - [cat-announce] CAT-1.1.1 source code release

cat-announce AT lists.geant.org

Subject: annoucements about the service and software of CAT

[cat-announce] CAT-1.1.1 source code release

  • From: annoucements about the service and software of CAT <cat-announce AT geant.net>
  • To: "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>, cat-announce AT geant.net
  • Subject: [cat-announce] CAT-1.1.1 source code release
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 16:02:11 +0200

Hello,

I am mostly happy to announce that we have released the CAT source code
version CAT-1.1.1. This is not live on cat.eduroam.org yet; we are
currently schedule the upgrade of that deployment. For the curious ones,
this version is SVN revision 2474.

I wrote "mostly" happy above because there is a simple reason preventing
"total" happiness :-/

This version does not include a replacement installer for EAP-TTLS on
Windows Vista and Windows 7 yet - meaning on those platforms, the
degraded service that we are delivering since April this year remains
unchanged.

Still, there is plenty of good new stuff to report for CAT-1.1.1. The
full bugfix and feature list is at the end of this mail, but some of the
highlights are here:

* dedicated support for iOS 5 and 6 (ProxyType Auto disabled since those
old versions do not understand this setting); this results in a new
download button just for those versions

* initial "beta level" support for ChromeOS! Thanks to Google's "Open
Network Configuration" (ONC) format, we were able to add preliminary
support for ChromeOS. Note that this device is less tested than the
others - the market penetration of ChromeOS is so small that it is
difficult to find testers. GEANT have bought one, and I verified basic
operation (PEAP mostly), but there may be corner cases lurking. The
config files support proxy auto-detection, multiple SSIDs, multiple root
CAs and even wired interface configuration.

* we are now listing all hostnames which are needed for access to CAT
from within a captive portal. See the "About eduroam CAT" screen.

* French, Bulgarian and Czech are now in the release (the latter two for
the first time!)

We are hoping to get this version deployed on cat.eduroam.org ASAP.

As usual, you can download sources either from SVN (for access, see
https://forge.geant.net/forge/display/CAT/Home ) or from the GEANT
Downloads Portal (upload pending on https://downloads.geant.net ->
Roaming -> eduroam CAT ).

Greetings,

Stefan Winter and the eduroam CAT team

Changes in 1.1.1
================
- [BUGFIX #1] device-level redirect not working on a selected device
- [BUGFIX #2] mobileconfig proxy setting corrected
- [BUGFIX #3] in RADIUS tests the contents of results box needs to be
cleared the moment that a rerun of tests is called
- [BUGFIX #4] in basic.php fix a problem resulting from geolocation
failure
- [BUGFIX #5] in roll.php - set the translation domain to het
translations in
- [BUGFIX #6] hide hidden devices in basic.php
- [BUGFIX #7] fix language selection problem in admin pages
- [BUGFIX #8] disable eduroam DB "link" button until something
linkable was clicked upon; display warning in red if no
single unlinked entry in the DB exists for the
federation in question (prevents click path which
eventually leads to a 404)
- [BUGFIX #9] fix problem caused by installer generation delays
- [BUGFIX #10] parts od Windows installer were not translated
- [BUGFIX #11] in some sutuations the footer was obsuring parts of the
text
- [BUGFIX #12] make clear that we support Mac OS X 10.7 and above, not
10.6
- [BUGFIX #13] reject Terms of Use files which are not UTF-8 to prevent
later installer generation breakage
- [UPDATE #1] in devices.php added the pointer to eduroamCAT on Google
play
- [UPDATE #2] speed up IdP listing
- [UPDATE #3] update of system names in roll.php
- [FEATURE #1] in "About", show the hostnames which need to be
whitelisted in captive portals for CAT to work. This
required two new config parameters, see below.
- [FEATURE #2] send notification email to federation admins when
invitations they sent have expired (set as CRON hourly:
utils/notify_invitation_expiry.php)
- [FEATURE #3] XXX rest in peace XXX
- [FEATURE #4] re-added French (France); added Bulgarian (Bulgaria),
Czech for the first time. Welcome!
- [FEATURE #5] added ChromeOS as beta-quality device module
- [FEATURE #6] allow configuration of an abuse mail contact. See below.
- [FEATURE #7] add separate device module for iOS 5+6 to fix proxy
regression

Configuration parameter changes
-------------------------------
[NEW] Config::$APPEARANCE['webcert_CRLDP']
[NEW] Config::$APPEARANCE['webcert_OCSP']
[NEW] Config::$APPEARANCE['abuse-mail']
[NEW] Config::$PATHS['makensis']

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche

Tel: +352 424409 1
Fax: +352 422473

recipient's key is known to me

  • [cat-announce] CAT-1.1.1 source code release, annoucements about the service and software of CAT, 10/06/2015