cat-announce - [cat-announce] Release of CAT-1.0.4; new mailing list just for announcements

cat-announce AT lists.geant.org

Subject: annoucements about the service and software of CAT

[cat-announce] Release of CAT-1.0.4; new mailing list just for announcements

  • From: annoucements about the service and software of CAT <cat-announce AT geant.net>
  • To: "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>, cat-announce AT geant.net
  • Subject: [cat-announce] Release of CAT-1.0.4; new mailing list just for announcements
  • Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 14:58:23 +0100

Hello,

we are very happy to announce a new maintenance release for CAT.
Version 1.0.4 has the following Changelog:

Changes in release 1.0.4
========================
- [BUGFIX #1] main page layout error
- [BUGFIX #2] no error handling for broken installers in case of an
additional download message
- [BUGFIX #3] fix broken link to TTLS-GTC tip (now links to TERENA
Confluence)
- [BUGFIX #4] complain about missing root CA also if the CA is
uploaded on IdP
level, but masked due to profile level CAs
- [BUGFIX #5] fix one profile tag for W8 TTLS-MSCHAPv2
- [BUGFIX #6] certificates were not installed for W8 TTLS
- [BUGFIX #7] temporary directory cleanup did not work
- [BUGFIX #8] updated jquery-ui form 1.8.5 to 1.8.24 thus avoiding a
problem in IE 9 and IE 10
- [BUGFIX #8] Linux installer turned off IPv6, turned back to 'auto'
now
- [FEATURE #1] Federation statistics added for fed operators (in UI and
API, API keyword is "STATISTICS")
- [FEATURE #2] Mavericks support added
- [FEATURE #3] Changed the text in "Report a problem" which also
resulted in a new config variable $APPEARANCE['support-
url'], also hardcoded
cat-devel AT geant.net
into the
'Become a CAT developper' display text
- [FEATURE #4] publicly accessible user download statistics per profile
( web/user/statistics.php?profile=xyz )
- [FEATURE #5] add links to IdP and federation admin documentation
- [FEATURE #6] add an eap-specific flag turning on different user-name
in Windows EAP-TLS

As you can see, only minor bug fixes and tiny features with a known-low
impact on the system were added in this release. Most of these fixes
were already applied to the CAT instance on cat.eduroam.org a long time
ago, and are thus already "battle-tested".

The source tarball will show up within a few hours or days at the usual
place:

http://downloads.geant.net -> Roaming -> eduroam CAT

Since the download portal does not support HTTPS, here is instead the
sha1sum of the tarball (and this email is signed with my GPG key):

937bbc24c868ae236a6f71280f93c59b13c5aab0 CAT-1.0.4.tar.bz2

For anyone who is deploying the software on their own, outside the
cat.eduroam.org context: when upgrading from 1.0.3, note that there is
one SQL schema change (addition of the attribute
"eap-specific:tls_use_other_id") and one new config variable,
"$APPEARANCE['support-url']".

We will upgrade the cat.eduroam.org instance in the coming days; the
exact downtime announcement will be displayed as MOTD on the website.

** New mailing list: cat-announce **

I have received notice that some people subscribe to cat-users just
because they want get notified of new releases - but don't care much
about day-to-day chat. For these purposes, we have created a new
mailing list:

cat-announce AT geant.net

Subscription at:

Thanks for using CAT software!

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche
6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg

Tel: +352 424409 1
Fax: +352 422473

recipient's key is known to me

  • [cat-announce] Release of CAT-1.0.4; new mailing list just for announcements, annoucements about the service and software of CAT, 12/06/2013